MWYC2018 is offering a dodgeball tournament this year for all those that want to participate. (Bowling will be available for those that do not want to play dodgeball) Your church can register one or multiple teams of 10 players. For those that do not have 10 teens interested in playing can go ahead and register and we will merge another group with yours to make up the difference. This will be a double elimination tournament. If you have any questions please call us at 270-683-1890 or email us @ email@example.com.
- There are 8 balls placed on the center line. During the opening rush (when the game starts), you may grab any ball on the line. (however you may not cross the opponents line at any time)
- You are out if: 1) you step on or over a sideline or centerline; 2) a thrown live ball hits your body; and 3) you throw a live ball and it is caught by an opponent.
- A thrown live ball can only hit out 1 player. Thrown balls that hit the ground, the wall, other balls, or other objects before hitting the opponent are considered dead balls, and are ineligible to hit players out.
- You may block a thrown ball with a held ball. However, if you drop the blocking ball during the act of blocking, or if you fail to make a clean block (as in the thrown ball still ends up hitting or grazing your body afterwards), you are out.
- If you are out, line up on the side in the order you got out (think of it as being in an “resurrection” line). If your teammate catches a ball, the player at the start of your team’s “resurrection” line comes back into play after touching the wall (the teammate must be in the line at the time of the catch to be eligible to be brought back in).